Hockey Wilderness

Can we expect to see Jesper Wallstedt this season?

Tom Gribalski

4 hours ago, Tom Gribalski said:

I've been excited to see this young star play for the Wild, but so far they haven't brought him out of development. Could this be the season?

Only chance he gets is if one of our guys gets injured and they think he's ready. Preseason sure should have been enough of a teaser for him looking ready.

The Wild usually bring up the regulars first like the extra D Russo is talking about  for this next road trip in Mermis when we have a plethora of young D to pick from. I guess they figure the young guyz need to find their groove first and then expose them later in the year. Happens every year. The biggest impact this year will be salary cap implications, so its a crapshoot.

Like Mermis, I could see them bringing up McIntyre for insurance purposes first and then Wallstedt for a specific start based on his performance, they want to keep him honest and hungry. He has ALOT of confidence that borders on cocky, which I LOVE in a goaltender.

• Like 1