Hockey Wilderness

Article: Wilderness Walk: Rossi Impresses In Wild Preseason Win

Thomas Williams

Going to have to take Dean’s word on this one, since again no broadcast. Did see that the game this weekend is supposed to be on ESPN+. Unfortunately I won’t be able to watch, be right in the middle of the races. 

Happy for Rossi he got a shoutout from Dean in the postgamer. Think most all Wild fans are rooting for the kid to succeed and the team desperately needs him to. Although some have already labeled him a bust. SO ready for regular season hockey!!

Edited by M_Nels
Word
  • Like 3

Good news from The Athletic:

(Incidentally, 2022 first-round pick Liam Ohgren was in town to see Wild doctors about an upper-body injury he suffered in Sweden this offseason. The Wild got positive news. President and general manager Bill Guerin told The Athletic that Ohgren doesn’t need surgery and can begin skating when he returns to Sweden).

• Like 1

I too want to join in on the Rossi accolades, but remember this happen last year also with his game, success and our support.

Here's hoping that its not a mirage like last year and that his 15# and continued prowess is him taking the next step.

I'm betting DE is cautious also not overexposing his thoughts on the whole perception of Rossi due to the disappointment of last years start of the season in the first 10 games. Although last night he was giddy.

It really sucks not being able to see these preseason games, I wonder if its due to the whole Bally situation and all. Found this last night in regard to this.

image.png.242388b09334d86a78b25e086d60e1d2.png

3 hours ago, vonlonster67 said:

I figured it would happen, but the Wild sign Zucci to a contract extension for $8.2M 2/yrs.......$4M was about $1M more than what I thought I would pay him. 

I guess that is why KK was playing out of his mind last night, good news had to have been in the works.

Mark me down as not particularly happy about this. If it had been 2 yrs $4M total I still would not be happy. I fear this has LTIR written all over it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vonlonster67 said:

I guess that is why KK was playing out of his mind last night, good news had to have been in the works.

Wouldn't be because we were playing the Av's prospect squad? 

No MacKinnon, no Makar, no Rantanen, Nichushkin, Lehkonen, Manson, Girard Toews, Bynam.  Couldn't be Justus Annunen was the netminder?

9 minutes ago, MrCheatachu said:

Wouldn't be because we were playing the Av's prospect squad? 

No MacKinnon, no Makar, no Rantanen, Nichushkin, Lehkonen, Manson, Girard Toews, Bynam.  Couldn't be Justus Annunen was the netminder?

No, it's not who we were playing, it's his intensity all the time. He's pissed about last year and is determined to make a difference. 

I've been watching him in practice the last two weeks. He's at a different level than anyone else. Now he has Zucci by his side for two more years.

I guarantee the first person Zucci told after his wife was KK

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Up North Guy said:

Mark me down as not particularly happy about this. If it had been 2 yrs $4M total I still would not be happy. I fear this has LTIR written all over it.

Seconded!!! 

I don't understand these two re-signings. I like both players. I just think that there was no reason to sign them right now. Plus, Guerin just removed some extra flexibility leading up to the trade deadline. Not to mention that I think it's a really bad idea signing a winger - who didn't look great last year - until his age 38 season. Kaprizov be damned. There will be a few youngsters that could come in and fill the Zuccy void without an age cliff on the horizon.

Idk, timing feels all sorts of wrong with this.

• Like 2