Hockey Wilderness

Article: Connor Bedard Is Poised To Be the Next Great "Wild Killer"

Tony Abbott

I think you play Bedard absolutely physical and frustrate him with contact. I really do believe sticking Brodin and Faber on him will help limit his effectiveness. But, for right now, he's not that big, so hard contact is needed. But, if you do it, keep your head on a swivel because someone's coming to get you. 

If I were trying really hard to make the team, showing physical toughness against Bedard in preseason would be a way I would go. Make nothing easy for him. And, get out your Suter crosschecks if he decides to come to the kitchen.

• Like 3

Thank you Tony for some perspective on generational players' records against the Wild. I am looking forward to the Wild's D prospects getting a chance to play against a for sure NHL level player. Particularly  players like Lambos, Hunt, O'Rourke who could be vying for call-ups later this year. 

• Like 1

We have our own Bedard killer, his name is Spacek. He shut Bedard down in the World Juniors when it was highlighted by our own Tony Abbott back in The Zone dayz.

https://zonecoverage.com/2023/wild/david-spaceks-breakout-world-juniors-performance-puts-him-on-the-map/

I have my own thoughts on Bedard and its not all positive. I want to see him prove it against the elites of the the league before I bestow anything on him. I think when he gets to St. Paul Mr. Brodin will shut him down just like McDavid. 

So gooooouud luck kid...SHOW ME! I'm from the STATE OF HOCKEY!

Edited by vonlonster67
  • Like 2

I don’t like the premise. I don’t like Chicago, I don’t like Illinois. I was born there but I don’t like them as a rival getting one gift after another from the NHL. I don’t like reading good things about them.

Nothing personal. My opinion after struck nerve.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Protec said:

I don’t like the premise. I don’t like Chicago, I don’t like Illinois. I was born there but I don’t like them as a rival getting one gift after another from the NHL. I don’t like reading good things about them.

Nothing personal. My opinion after struck nerve.

Just goes to show you if you cover up a sex scandal for years in Chi-town you get the world. 1st overall 2023.

Contact prospects early in AZ you lose your second-round pick (49th overall) in 2020 and your first-round pick in 2021, which turned out to be the 11th overall selection.

Can anyone say Bet"rig"man!

Nothing personal. My opinion after struck nerve also!!

Edited by vonlonster67
  • Like 4

You guys are only seeing the beginning of the story. Karma has a weird way of working, but it usually comes back to get someone/something when things went real bad.

In this case, Karma would allow the Blackhawks to obtain the 1st overall pick for a highly touted generational player. The player doesn't ever get decent size and is relegated to wing where he turns into Nail Yakupov. 

The Blackhawks then lose out on 3 other potential #1 selections over the next 20 years as their club runs through an epic dry spell. Karma tends to work in these types of ways!

• Like 2