Hockey Wilderness

Article: Wilderness Walk: Counting Down the Days

Thomas Williams

While we have to wait a little longer than a month for training camp, we have something coming up a little sooner with the kids. We don't have Traverse City anymore, but I'm pretty sure there will be some kind of thing with them? 

I know we've done something with the Blackhawks the past couple of years, but with so many AHL teams located in the upper Midwest, and a great number of prospects on those teams, I'd think a tournament of the prospects right in that area with Des Moines, Rockford, Chicago, Milwaukee and a couple of other places would be a real good idea. 

The affiliates are Blackhawks, Hurricanes, Predators and Wild. That would be a pretty good mix.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mnfaninnc said:

While we have to wait a little longer than a month for training camp, we have something coming up a little sooner with the kids. We don't have Traverse City anymore, but I'm pretty sure there will be some kind of thing with them? 

I know we've done something with the Blackhawks the past couple of years, but with so many AHL teams located in the upper Midwest, and a great number of prospects on those teams, I'd think a tournament of the prospects right in that area with Des Moines, Rockford, Chicago, Milwaukee and a couple of other places would be a real good idea. 

The affiliates are Blackhawks, Hurricanes, Predators and Wild. That would be a pretty good mix.

I believe I heard Russo say something about this year the Wild would be hosting Chicago, St. Louis in a round robin play format. Could be a crazy ticket to get with Bedard in town.

Tickets available to ticket members first, then the public. I'm guessing with standing room maybe 1500 (Tria Arena max capacity seating is 1200). 

Edited by vonlonster67