Hockey Wilderness

Article: Hometown Winger James Clark Taken By Wild 213rd Overall

So, the team keeps tabs on him being real close. He also should have no problems making it to development camps!

Remember, college players have to get to these camps themselves, the team can't reimburse them. I think it's a dumb rule!

Once it gets into the later rounds, I don't think it matters as much. I mean the projections are all over the place.

The Wild see Plonk going to UMD. They can scout local D1 college easy. Work with those players easily in the off-season. It's kinda hard to say there's someone at 149th overall who is a clear best player available IMO.

If the pick pling-plonks down the gutter over time, not too devastating. If the Plonk rises to the top, Brackett achieves full guruism. Which is nice...

On 6/29/2023 at 10:16 PM, Pewterschmidt said:

Plonk was in his third year of draft eligibility.  Why did we take him so early?  He’s more of a 7th round flyer

You're kind of right here, except for the year. A lot of teams took overagers this go around, likely due to the pandemic effect. Would have rather had Matteo Mann in this slot, though.