Hockey Wilderness

Article: Players We Like Who Are Still Available For the Wild After the First Round

Brackett got mostly all guys who were ranked by consensus higher than where they were selected.

He musta seen our comments calling him a Euro-lover. Full correction with just a single Finn in the mix. That's a better overall ratio when added to the last few drafts.

• Like 2

I had to listen to the draft on NHL radio. I'm not sure why the Wild didn't take my suggestion of Mateo Mann, probably in the Pionk slot. I think his size and mobility alone would have helped. Philly got a really nice pick in the 7th round. 

I did like us not ignoring our own backyard. I think the Minnesota and Wisconsin kids should be heavily scouted by our staff and front office. Don't just leave it up to the scouts, our FO needs to get in the field sometimes and check out some of these games.

My bet is that Stramel had been watched for numerous years and they knew he just had a bad year. I'm also betting that Brackett had the later rounds and didn't value Mann, even though he skated well for his size. 

When it got to the later rounds, the radio guys just starting blah, blah, blahing. They wouldn't announce every pick. It was a little frustrating, but those names come off the board so quickly.

Now, how do we trade for some of the ones that got away? Just because Addison didn't go at the draft, doesn't mean he can't go for a newly drafted guy. I was amazed there were no 1st round trades. I'm guessing the price to move up was tremendous. I still thought we could have done it with Detroit at 17, that's where we would have had to get to get Moore. 

Now, we just have to convince Moore to play 4 full seasons for Motzko and not sign with the Hawks, but stay home. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mnfaninnc said:

Now, we just have to convince Moore to play 4 full seasons for Motzko and not sign with the Hawks, but stay home. 

This would be amazing. Win a couple college titles, finish up school, stick it to the Hawks. That would put him up there with Neal Broten, Bud Grant, and Paul Bunyan.

giphy.gif

• Like 1