Hockey Wilderness

Article: Wilderness Walk: Iowa Naming New Head Coach

5 minutes ago, Up North Guy said:

He was the PP guy. I believe Woods is the PK guy.

Hearing rumors that John Hynes is tight with Guerin, might he be the replacement for McLean? Carbery and Brunette are new coaches. I wonder if Hynes is left out this time around?

6 minutes ago, mnfaninnc said:

Hearing rumors that John Hynes is tight with Guerin, might he be the replacement for McLean? Carbery and Brunette are new coaches. I wonder if Hynes is left out this time around?

I have seen that too. We all know BG likes to hire guys he is tight with (as most GM's do) so I would say there is real steam to this.

4 minutes ago, Up North Guy said:

I have seen that too. We all know BG likes to hire guys he is tight with (as most GM's do) so I would say there is real steam to this.

Good news and bad news on Hynes.

Good news is he went multiple rounds of playoffs in the A

Bad news is he hasn't won a playoff series in the N.

He's coached both the Devils and Predators. When he's made the playoffs in the N, you could say that they were less than dominant teams. It looks like to me he is similar to Evason as he gets more out of the players than their paper talent would indicate. 

He made the playoffs in the Covid year, but lost in the 1st round, I think he drew the Avs last year and that wasn't going to go well. 

His Predator teams were tough to play against, I believe his Devils teams were too. Could Hynes be the guy next in line? It doesn't appear as if he is a trophy coach.

Do we need to rethink our strength and conditioning programs?

This was my question of the day. I'm not seeing a lot of filling out so far among the kids. I'm certainly not seeing updated height/weight numbers from them. Perhaps this is being kept in a secret vault so no one knows the true size of this team?

But, in looking at the guys coming up from Iowa, they just don't seem to be taking the gym part seriously, or at least as seriously as they need to be. Is this a fault of our strength and conditioning department? 

Ek came in as a frail, lanky kid. In the course of 2 offseasons, he built himself into a beast. He would be the only one who's done that. 

Look at Rossi who looks like the Austrian Hobbit. Beckman looks like a tall, skinny guy. Listed weight on O'Rourke is still in the 170s. How are these guys not looking like monsters yet? 

And, the worst part about having to ask these questions is look at how hard it is for us to clear our crease! We know we're under-strengthed on the big club. Is there some sort of plan to not look rock solid? 

• Like 1