Hockey Wilderness

Article: Potential Coyotes Relocation Evokes Wacky History For Wild Fans

Tony Abbott

I believe they will be moving to Houston. I think the reason they were punted to the Central Division was just for this contingency, if AZ couldn't get an arena done and had to move. I think a deal is already in place for Houston should they have to move. 

Salt Lake City is an interesting suggestion, and it could make a serious rivalry with Colorado, but, is a bit west to still be considered a Central Division team. Salt Lake City doesn't have an MLB team or NFL team, so why would it be good to have 2 teams with essentially the same schedule in that city? They haven't really proven they can support that.

I've heard Kansas City is also a possible destination, but my money is on Houston. Also, I don't see Atlanta as a serious destination. They are a terrible sports city, and really, mostly a baseball city. They don't even have an A team in Atlanta. They do have a decent beer league set up, and a few arenas, but generally speaking, hockey is not their thing.

• Like 1

Verified Member

Minnesota is the only state left with 3.2 beer laws.  Yup, Utah and Oklahoma have more liberal liquor laws now as of 2-3 years ago. 

Fitting for the Volstead Act state I guess.

But, hey, we get weed next week, heh. 

• Like 1