Hockey Wilderness

Article: The Bedard Era Blackhawks Can Still Be Terrible

Sounds like to me they will just need to have the NHL continue to gift them the first draft picks in the next few years so then they have a really nice trio of players to build around as they establish the new Kane-Toews-Keith 2.0.

Either way, the Wild aren't in a position to really give a crap about anybody in our division or conference as we are also currently a dumpster fire from a player and cap position. Honestly, I'm surprised if we'll even be able to keep Kaprizov or want to keep him.

I think he enters free agency in 3 years (which is around the time when we'll be actually able to build a team around him because of our buyouts). He will be 29 having played for a shit team that either can't make the playoffs or gets bounced first round each time.

He will be looking to both get paid again before his 30s as well as probably find a team that is more of a Stanley Cup contender. I think at this point the Wild will need to overpay to keep him here and thus be subject to shit play from him on an albatross contract once he hits 32+ years of age.

Stop me if you've heard this story before because this seems to be the exact cycle the Wild have been in for the past decade.

• Like 1

I don't know if anything is rigged, but in the 21'st century and how most everything bad is being sold as good and everything seems to be backwards you just never know I guess. The officiation has gone from bad to what in the actual eff status also.

That being said, for teams like Chicago to fade from star status to immediately getting the most sure thing since Kane and Toews to start a dynasty all over again, much like Pitt with Lemieux and Crosby just isn't good for the league.  

It just doesn't seem like the NHL gets anything right, ever...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TCMooch said:

Sounds like to me they will just need to have the NHL continue to gift them the first draft picks in the next few years so then they have a really nice trio of players to build around as they establish the new Kane-Toews-Keith 2.0.

Either way, the Wild aren't in a position to really give a crap about anybody in our division or conference as we are also currently a dumpster fire from a player and cap position. Honestly, I'm surprised if we'll even be able to keep Kaprizov or want to keep him.

I think he enters free agency in 3 years (which is around the time when we'll be actually able to build a team around him because of our buyouts). He will be 29 having played for a shit team that either can't make the playoffs or gets bounced first round each time.

He will be looking to both get paid again before his 30s as well as probably find a team that is more of a Stanley Cup contender. I think at this point the Wild will need to overpay to keep him here and thus be subject to shit play from him on an albatross contract once he hits 32+ years of age.

Stop me if you've heard this story before because this seems to be the exact cycle the Wild have been in for the past decade.

I really couldn’t agree more honestly.

I think we lose Kap after his contract is up.

This team is headed in the same old direction unless they do an actual proper tank.

we have one of the best prospect pools supposedly but no game breaking talent like a Barkov, Pastrnak, thuchuk, Matthew’s, Mac, Makar etc.

• Sad 1

I can’t help but feel like this draft is rigged after watching.

Why did they not do the little balls live instead of just telling you what the picks are?

it just seems odd to me that Chicago got the pick. It’s so incredibly irritating seeing them get Bedard.

Am I the only one that thinks this seems fishy?

No we all know it's rigged. 

Like CBJ or any of the other crappy teams if the Wild tanked let's say, they'd get 6th overall and Brackett would pick some Euro player ahead of Tkachuk.

I've lost faith in so many institutions and organizations, I really don't believe the NHL is the epitome of integrity and trustworthy fair practice. Absolutely not. No way, not a chance.

The refs are caught on hot mics talking about what team they're gonna penalize next. Player safety department, draft lottery, scandals, and every other type of impropriety can be exemplified. We just have a short memory and keep coming back because we like the game. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mateo3xm said:

I really couldn’t agree more honestly.

I think we lose Kap after his contract is up.

This team is headed in the same old direction unless they do an actual proper tank.

we have one of the best prospect pools supposedly but no game breaking talent like a Barkov, Pastrnak, thuchuk, Matthew’s, Mac, Makar etc.

They better trade him now then. He gets a NMC in '24-'25 and '25-'26. 

Its supposed to be an incredibly deep draft class and there's definitely some Cs with good size/skill in the top-16...

Bonus, moving Kaprizov means we don't need to keep Zuccy in the top-6 anymore!  

Edited by B1GKappa97

17 minutes ago, B1GKappa97 said:

They better trade him now then. He gets a NMC in '24-'25 and '25-'26. 

NMCs are not what they seem. You can still trade a player with that, it's just that the player has the control to say no. He'd probably say no to Ottawa, but you give him a decent destination like south Florida, perhaps he says yes?

3 hours ago, mnfaninnc said:

NMCs are not what they seem. You can still trade a player with that, it's just that the player has the control to say no. He'd probably say no to Ottawa, but you give him a decent destination like south Florida, perhaps he says yes?

It kills your leverage though. Especially if he eventually decides there's only one or two teams who he will be willing to be traded to. 

Who wants to be the GM that only gets a 2nd round pick for Kirill Kaprizov in his prime? 

Edited by B1GKappa97

18 hours ago, B1GKappa97 said:

Who wants to be the GM that only gets a 2nd round pick for Kirill Kaprizov in his prime? 

I think if a GM hears that Kaprizov wants to come play for them, they are elated and in that euphoria will slip us more than a 2nd round pick. It would be a nice haul. Every GM in this league knows Kaprizov is special.

You'd probably even get unprotected 1sts in that equation.