Hockey Wilderness
7 hours ago, mnfaninnc said:

And, on the Panthers, they had what everyone would have to call a disappointing regular season, but they ended up with Matthew Tkachuk for the playoffs.  One thing that would go a long way for us is to have our own Matthew Tkachuk. Foligno is nice but he cannot change a game like Tkachuk can. I don't care which one we got, both of them are perfect players for what we need. Who thinks Suter is still standing if we had a Tkachuk on our team?

I would love to have a player like Tkachuk on the Wild. A perfect balance of grit + skill. Seems like someone that both Guerin and Evason would drool over for their system.

• Like 1

Verified Member

We are fans of MN.  We are doomed. 

87, 91, in baseball, ffs.  What other city has all 5 mens sport teams and has not won a championship since 91?

I remember thinking before I moved to MN that God hates Cleveland.  How naive I was. 

12 hours ago, Imyourhuckleberry said:

Just a few notes:

I disagree that the Wild are trendsetting in any way. The playoffs have traditionally been where physicality ramps up and the Wild haven't always been able to handle teams playing that way.

The fact they got screwed by the refs isn't because they are playing some new way that needs adjusting, it's primarily just that the refs blew a bunch of calls in this series, perhaps tilting in favor of the Stars partially due to Pavelski hitting his head on the ice in game 1 from a fairly clean, but physical hit from Dumba.

All fans are generally impatient, and Minnesota fans are not more so than others--you simply hear more from fans of the team you follow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure Guerin can afford to keep him, but of all the guys brought in at the trade deadline, Nyquist is the guy I'd most like to see back with the Wild.

Boldy and Johansson had that great game 3, but outside of that, without JEE, that line got cooked by the Stars, with Boldy and Johansson both finishing -5 for the series.

I had mentioned that JEE was going to have to do some heavy lifting on the defensive end with those 2 as his linemates, and he had been up for the task prior to injury.

Also, the Stars scored zero goals when Faber was on the ice!

See Suter, weird shit happens 

23 hours ago, Ivan said:

We are fans of MN.  We are doomed. 

87, 91, in baseball, ffs.  What other city has all 5 mens sport teams and has not won a championship since 91?

I remember thinking before I moved to MN that God hates Cleveland.  How naive I was. 

Was able to find a site that breaks the numbers down (doesn't include MLS though). When adding seasons without a championship cumulatively for the 4 primary mens leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA + NHL), it looks like Buffalo (57 seasons) and Minneapolis/St. Paul (31 seasons) are both tied for first (or worst) with 117 seasons of droughts: 

https://champsorchumps.us/drought/longest-championship-drought-by-city#:~:text=The longest currently active championship,been ongoing for 57 years.&text=There have been no championships* in Buffalo history.

Buffalo: Sabres (0 since 1970, 53 seasons) + Bills (0 since 1960, 64 seasons) = 117 Seasons

Minnesota: North Stars (from 1991-1993, 2 seasons) + Wild (from 2000-2023, 22 seasons) + Wolves (since 1991, 31 seasons) Vikings (since 1991, 31 seasons) + Twins (since 1991, 31 seasons) = 117 Seasons

If all things continue on this path, it looks like the Twin Cities curse will surpass Buffalo's from a cumulative standpoint!

Bored Married With Children GIF

Verified Member

North Stars were from 1967-1993.

Vikings are from 1961-current.

(Going to ignore the Lakers of the 50s, since LA takes the credit)

Just because Buffalo has not won does not mean MN is not cursed. 

Yeah, love the early Al Bundy gif.