Hockey Wilderness

Deano is toast

Pewterschmidt

It’s hot take Wednesday and I’m going to predict that this is the end for Deano if he doesn’t get to round two this year.  The sample size is large enough to make judgements on Deano’s coaching acumen.  The grades are not good.  Officiating aside, this bunch looked like the Mild of old last night.  I believe Deano is getting schooled (again) in the coaching game of chess and BG knows it too

3 minutes ago, Pewterschmidt said:

It’s hot take Wednesday and I’m going to predict that this is the end for Deano if he doesn’t get to round two this year.  The sample size is large enough to make judgements on Deano’s coaching acumen.  The grades are not good.  Officiating aside, this bunch looked like the Mild of old last night.  I believe Deano is getting schooled (again) in the coaching game of chess and BG knows it too

And the game 1 win is looking less like Wild magic and more like a fluke with each period I watch

Yeah. The Wild have played a couple bad games and have allowed the refs, Suter, hot-goalie get into their heads. 

Thats the playbook against the Wild and it works so easily that the players and coaches have to be accountable. You can’t blame Guerin for that. It’s 100% the guys in the room and the execution on the ice. MN has a chance to redeem themselves but just like last year, the chances to capitalize early in the series and the lack of urgency & discipline have put them behind the 8-ball. Nobody has elevated in a big way other than #17’s fury. It’s too bad because the Wild have a good club but they’re not able to optimize for playoffs. They somehow get worse and less effective at establishing their game. Rather they’re going on three years now with Dean being funneled into the first round opponents kill-zone.