Hockey Wilderness

Article: Can the Wild Win In the Playoffs Without A Bona Fide Top-6 Center?

Tom Schreier

Evason has preached positionless hockey for the last couple of seasons.  Let's see if it will actually work!

I disagree with the thought that Rossi has little to prove at the AHL level.  I think there are still quite a few things he needs to prove.  1 of them being that he can outscore Petan.

Last night he showed a good motor and hustle.  If he shows that going forward, he very well may be in for the playoffs.  Baby Wild need 2 points in 3 games to make their playoffs.  They have a game tonight.  I'd send Rossi down to try and get that and bring him back up for Nashville.  It's 4 games in 4 nights for him, but he's 21, they seem to have unlimited energy.  

Rossi has a long way to go before being ready for NHL playoffs when he plays meek, mild, and unproductive hockey. If he was a candidate to replace Ek we would have seen him proving that one way or another, not zero ways and not at all.

Ek's hurt on a fluke shot, bad luck, adversity arrival. The Wild need to be ready to go if they don't wanna get bounced again in the first round. Goaltending and defense is gonna have to carry the team til Ek returns or the chemistry returns to the forward group minus #14 & #15.

On 4/12/2023 at 12:04 PM, mnfaninnc said:

Evason has preached positionless hockey for the last couple of seasons.  Let's see if it will actually work!

I disagree with the thought that Rossi has little to prove at the AHL level.  I think there are still quite a few things he needs to prove.  1 of them being that he can outscore Petan.

Last night he showed a good motor and hustle.  If he shows that going forward, he very well may be in for the playoffs.  Baby Wild need 2 points in 3 games to make their playoffs.  They have a game tonight.  I'd send Rossi down to try and get that and bring him back up for Nashville.  It's 4 games in 4 nights for him, but he's 21, they seem to have unlimited energy.  

Petan has been playing in both the Nhl and the Ahl for the last 8 seasons and he’s 28…

Rossi has 103 pts in 113 games in the Ahl.

How do you figure he has to prove himself by out scoring Petan before he should get called up?

do you realize how that sounds?

Rossi broke the baby Wilds rookie point’s record last year and is now basically a point per game.

since you watch him so closely and think there are quite a few things for him to prove, can you give us a detailed list of all of them?

By virtually all accounts, in the article I’ve read,  he’s proved himself and more. Even his teammates in the Ahl have said he’s Amazing.

You then go on to say he should play the next 4 games in 4 days because well, he’s 21.

I can’t tell if you’re trolling or if that’s actually your opinion.