Hockey Wilderness

What's the Wild's worst contract?

Protec

In some of the discussion before the transition it occurred to me, the Wild really don't have any bad contracts anymore. Zuccarello was one we complained quite a bit about initially but it's been okay as one-third of the Kaprizov and Norwegian Hobbit duo.

What is the worst contract at this point? Dumba is expiring so I wouldn't really consider that.

Furthermore, who's the best expendable asset? Probably Addison who can probably be seen as a young player who has big upside still.

My thought is that Addison has been out of the lineup long enough without negative impact on the team's ability to win. Therefore, if he was traded would the Wild miss him badly? 

With Fleury, doesn't he only have next year left on his deal? Not too bad. 

I think the big thing with Addison (even though I think the power play is clearly worse without him) is that once this summer hits, two of the guys playing above him on the depth chart are out in Klingberg and Dumba. Faber might be good, and he might be good next year, but they'll still need a right-shot D, and they're still going to need a PPQB.