- The Minnesota Wild hosted the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday night and against one of the worst teams in the league, lost in overtime. There were some choice words after the game and it was clear that Minnesota was just "not good enough." [The Hockey News]
- Head coach Dean Evason was really not pleased about the Wild's overturned goal. [SI]
- We need to talk about the Wild's recent "Gus Bus" commercial. [Hockey Wilderness]
- The Wild's top line really needs to do a better job on the other side of the puck. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Sammy Walker is on his way back to the AHL as the Wild send him down on Sunday. Well, the Wild do still need a forward, so we're just waiting for a different player to get called up.
Off the trail...
- The Edmonton Oilers are already doing terribly to start the season, and over the weekend, Connor McDavid had to leave their game early with an injury. [Sportsnet]
- Liam Foudy was claimed off of waivers by the Nashville Predators and he could really give the other Central team a touch of speed and scoring. [The Hockey News]
- Judging overreactions just one week into the season. Are we still thinking Auston Matthews is the greatest hockey player to ever live? [ESPN]
Think you could write a story like this? Hockey Wilderness wants you to develop your voice, find an audience, and we'll pay you to do it. Just fill out this form.