- Well, after a brutal defeat to the Toronto Maple Leafs over the weekend, the Minnesota Wild got even more bad news. General manager Bill Guerin confirmed that winger Matt Boldy suffered an injury and is out week-to-week.
- Outside of the loss of Boldy, the Wild were exposed by the Leafs. Toronto got to the core of Minnesota's flaws, so what should they do about it? [Hockey Wilderness]
- The Wild hosted their "Green Carpet" to show off some of the player's fashion choices, so of course we had to determine which players we considered as the best dressed. [Hockey Wilderness]
- The young phenom Connor Bedard was asked about an NHL player that he compares himself to. It's not Sidney Crosby, or Auston Matthews, but it is our very own Kirill Kaprizov. [The Hockey News]
Off the trail...
- The Tampa Bay Lightning are not off to a good start. And while we expected their trouble in the crease due to the Vasilevskiy injury, other issues were not expected. [Yahoo Sports]
- Pierre-Luc Dubois is already on his third NHL team before his 25th birthday, but he explains his decision to use the power that he has to maximize his career. [The Athletic]
- Significant injuries just a week into the season really sucks. Well Montreal Canadiens forward Kirby Dach could be out for a very long time. [NBC Sports]
- While the Vancouver Canucks were not expected to be good, they deserve their flowers for starting off the season well and downing the Cup-contending Edmonton Oilers in their first two games. [DailyFaceoff]
Think you could write a story like this? Hockey Wilderness wants you to develop your voice, find an audience, and we'll pay you to do it. Just fill out this form.