- The Minnesota Wild looked more like a complete picture of themselves -- ever so slightly -- these past couple of days, but now they are back to being a shell. Jared Spurgeon is heading to the Injured Reserve after playing just three games since his most recent stint out of the lineup. He has played just 16 games this season. In a corresponding move, the Wild recalled Daemon Hunt. [Sportsnet]
- In some more positive news, Minnesota is reportedly hosting the 2026 IIHF World Junior Championship. [Hockey Wilderness]
- At these most recent World Juniors, Servac Petrovsky's Slovakia didn't see the peak team success, but the Wild prospect was able to show off his two-way skill. [Hockey Wilderness]
Off the trail...
- Former friend Jason Zucker is the most recent suspended player in the league. The Arizona Coyote is out for the next three games after boarding Nick Cousins.[NHL dot com]
- Oh, great. Jake Oettinger is closing in on a return for the Dallas Stars as the playoff team looks to get even stronger and more solid. [Dallas News]
- Max Pacioretty made his season debut for the Washington Capitals after a year-long absence due to an achilles injury. And, well, he was disappointed in himself. [The Hockey News]
Think you could write a story like this? Hockey Wilderness wants you to develop your voice, find an audience, and we'll pay you to do it. Just fill out this form.