- Just a couple days after getting fired by the Minnesota Wild, coach Dean Evason sat down with The Athletic's Michael Russo to talk about it. Plus, they discuss where he goes from here, how it happened, what went wrong, and much more. [The Athletic]
- Looking back, it might have just been the trade that sent Kevin Fiala to the Los Angeles Kings that began the downfall of Evason. [Hockey Wilderness]
- An inside look at how the first Wild practice under John Hynes went. The new coach really seems to focus on speed more than anything, and we know that could be improved a heck of a lot. [StarTribune]
Off the trail...
- The Philadelphia Flyers with a feel-good story. They signed a nine-year-old who is battling cancer to a one-day contract for Hockey Fights Cancer Night. [ESPN]
- The Western Conference Wild Card Race sure is interesting. There is a whole bunch of teams fighting for those two spots, so who do you think will make it by season's end? There are some far chances, and there are some big hills to climb. [Yahoo Sports]
Think you could write a story like this? Hockey Wilderness wants you to develop your voice, find an audience, and we'll pay you to do it. Just fill out this form.