- Jon Merrill is a little banged up and is questionable to play against the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday. For precautionary reasons (and to reward him for his solid play as of late) the Wild have recalled young defenseman Daemon Hunt to the NHL. If Merrill can't play, Hunt will be making his NHL debut. If it's not on Tuesday, the Wild were going to call up an extra defenseman for the upcoming three-game road trip anyways. [NHL dot com]
- The Wild's identity is clear. A north-south game with an edge and a focus on defense before offense. Well, did they just built their entire roster on a completely flawed concept to begin with? [Hockey Wilderness]
- Vinni Lettieri has been brought up to the Wild and is set to take a top-nine role for the time being. But, what does he bring to the Wild? [The Hockey News]
Off the trail...
- All 32 teams are playing on Tuesday and the NHL decided to finally do a staggered schedule. Starting at 5:00 p.m. CT, games will start 15 to 30 minutes apart, and to make it even more special, ESPN are doing a "Frozen Frenzy" in a quasi RedZone broadcast. [ESPN]
- The Detroit Red Wings are one of the hottest teams in the league. No one really thought it could have been done but they are off to a flying start and everyone is excited. [NHL dot com]
- The Vancouver Canucks' top pairing of Quinn Hughes and Filip Hronek could become one of the best in the league, if they remain in tact. [Sportsnet]
- Do the Toronto Maple Leafs have a goaltending controversy? [DailyFaceoff]
Think you could write a story like this? Hockey Wilderness wants you to develop your voice, find an audience, and we'll pay you to do it. Just fill out this form.