- Matt Boldy hasn't scored for the Wild in eight games since returning to the lineup from injury. Now, the Wild are in free fall as the team has lost five consecutive games. Boldy largely blames himself for his slump, but he goes on to explain it further. [StarTribune]
- Riley Heidt was projected by some to go in the late first round earlier this year, at the 2023 NHL Entry Draft. But he kept on slipping and the Wild selected him 20 or so picks later than he was supposed to, and now, he's breaking out as one of the team's top prospects. He just cannot stop scoring in the WHL. [Hockey Wilderness]
- In Iowa, Adam Beckman continues to develop as a producer on the ice but he is also establishing himself as a young leader on the AHL Wild team. [The Hockey News]
Off the trail...
- The NHL this season is full to the brim with talented rookies who are establishing themselves as top-tier talents. Here's a ranking of them. [ESPN]
- Guess what? It's another loss for the Edmonton Oilers where their goaltending just crumbled and they were ultimately, extremely embarrassed. [Yahoo Sports]
- Patrick Kane appears to be in the final stages of deciding where he would like to sign this season. [TSN]
Think you could write a story like this? Hockey Wilderness wants you to develop your voice, find an audience, and we'll pay you to do it. Just fill out this form.