Your daily dose of Wild news, along with other interesting stories from around the NHL.
The Minnesota Wild will be taking part in the 2023 NHL Global Series as part of their 2023-24 season. Along with the Detroit Red Wings, Toronto Maple Leafs, and Ottawa Senators, the Wild will be flying overseas to Stockholm, Sweden and playing two regular season games (against the Leafs and Senators) at Avicii Arena.
Those games will be taking place on Nov. 18 and 19, and will, obviously, count as real regular-season results.
With Jonas Brodin and Joel Eriksson Ek on the team next year, and even having some of the top Swedish prospects in Jesper Wallstedt and Liam Öhgren, the Wild should have some solid support in Stockholm.
Oh yeah, the Wild are about to play for their lives on Friday night in Game 6. That's also happening.
- Read more about the 2023 NHL Global Series and the history of it. [NHL dot com]
- Game 5 was Wild GM Bill Guerin's worst nightmare. Preaching so much about "grit first" and how they are one of the toughest teams in the league, it was penalties that cost them that extremely important game. [Hockey Wilderness]
- If the Wild lose this series, it will most likely be Matt Dumba's last game or two in a Wild sweater. As sad as that is, we know that his cemented pairing with Brodin will be going out on a high note as they have played lights-out this series. [Hockey Wilderness]
- New shiny players for both the Wild and the Minnesota Timberwolves, same old result. [StarTribune]
Off the trail...
- A local tattoo shop is giving fans free tattoos at Vegas Golden Knights playoff games. [ESPN]
- Wowza. The Florida Panthers beat the Boston Bruins at home to stay alive and make the series just a 3-2 lead for the Presidents' Trophy winners. [Yahoo Sports]
- "It's not 1975." Colorado Avalanche star Nathan MacKinnon was a little peeved after there was a missed penalty that then resulted in a Seattle Kraken goal, and the eventual 3-2 loss to Seattle that gives the underdogs a 3-2 lead in the series. [Sportsnet]
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.