Let’s go over some news and notes:
- The Wild may not have won the draft lottery, but that doesn’t mean they can’t still draft a superstar with the No. 9 overall pick. [Zone Coverage]
- Kirill Kaprizov is here, and Dean Evason was on the ground to greet him when he stepped off of the plane in Minnesota.
Off the trail...
- Did you miss last night’s game between the Lightning and Blue Jackets? If so, that really sucks for you. Five overtimes, baby! [Raw Charge]
- The game was so long that the NHL had to push the series opener between the Bruins and Hurricanes to Wednesday morning. [Stanley Cup Of Chowder]
- John Davidson, president of the Rangers, had a “personal discussion” with Henrik Lundqvist about his future. Unsurprisingly, there’s still some uncertainty about his desire to return to New York. [New York Post]
- The Sabres unveiled their new royal blue uniforms yesterday, and they are quite snazzy.