Let’s go over some news and notes:
- How do fans feel about this year’s Stanley Cup? Should there be an asterisk next to the 2019-20 season? [Hockey Wilderness]
- Carson Soucy is set to become a Group VI free agent next week, and teams are apparently chomping at the bit trying to sign him. [TSN]
Off the trail...
- Do you like Andrei Svechnikov? That’s cool. Doesn’t sound like he’ll ever play for the Wild, though. The Hurricanes are trying to lock him up long-term. [Sportsnet]
- Steven Stamkos should be good to go for the 2020-21 season, so that’s great news for the Lightning. [ESPN]
- Corey Pronman is a psychopath and wrote an entire seven-round mock draft. Not all heroes wear capes, folks. [The Athletic]
- It’s sounding like Oliver Ekman-Larsson could be on the move. One of the teams he will not be traded to, though, is the Oilers. Poor Edmonton.