Let’s go over some news and notes:
- You might want to start paying close attention to Alexander Khovanov, folks. Dude is killing it in the QMJHL this season. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Greg Pateryn is headed to Iowa for a conditioning stint. He shouldn’t be out much longer. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Ladies and gentlemen, Kevin Fiala has arrived. If you haven’t been impressed with his recent play, you might actually be impossible to please. [Pioneer Press]
- Will Minnesota finally get a Winter Classic next season? Will the Wild sign another Russian to make Kirill Kaprizov feel at home when he comes to North America? All that and more in Michael Russo’s Q&A for The Athletic. [The Athletic]
Off the trail...
- Another former player is slamming Mike Babcock for being a “bully” behind the Red Wings bench. According to Johan Franzen, the former Detroit head coach is the worst person he’s ever met. [Winging It In Motown]
- There was a trade yesterday! The Capitals traded forward Chandler Stephenson to the Golden Knights for a fifth-round draft pick. [Japers’ Rink]
- Senators defenseman Mark Borowiecki stopped a robbery by clotheslining the perpetrator off a bike in Vancouver. Incredible. [CBS Sports]
- Teddy Bear Toss!
Think you could write a story like this? Hockey Wilderness wants you to develop your voice, find an audience, and we'll pay you to do it. Just fill out this form.