Let’s go over some news and notes:
- Independence Day was this past weekend, so we decided to rank all of the Wild’s American-born players. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Greg Pateryn’s 2019-20 season was not ideal. Not because of his play on the ice, but because of how rarely he was on the ice at all. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Gary Bettman’s the absolute worst, right? Apparently not! NHL fans seem to think he’s the best commissioner of the four major sports leagues in North America. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Does Kaapo Kahkonen have a chance to start for the Wild during their play-in series? It’s certainly a possibility. That and more from Michael Russo’s KFAN interview with Bill Guerin. [The Athletic]
- Which local Minnesota restaurant do players recommend the most? None other than Spoon and Stable. [The Athletic]
Off the trail...
- The Blues had to cancel practice on Friday due to multiple positive COVID-19 tests, so that’s just lovely. [ESPN]
- It sure sounds like hockey is on the verge of coming back very soon. Uncle Bob has some details in the thread below.