Let’s go over some news and notes:
- The Wild’s best trait is their chance-suppressing defense. But how does it compare to the Canucks blue line? [Hockey Wilderness]
- Playing against Joel Eriksson Ek isn’t easy — mainly because he’s an extremely annoying individual on the ice. [Pioneer Press]
- Want a recap of the Wild’s last game against the Canucks? Here you go. Alex Galchenyuk for league MVP. [Zone Coverage]
- In case you need a reminder, wear your damn masks.
Off the trail...
- Just weeks after ringing the bell for his last round of cancer treatment, Oskar Lindblom has signed a contract extension with the Flyers. So awesome. [Broad Street Hockey]
- The Islanders’ new arena expected to open up for the 2021-22 season officially has a name. [Lighthouse Hockey]
- Jonathan Toews was apparently one of the players who voted against the NHL’s decision to resume the season. [NBC Sports]
- Should coaches be worried about players leaving the playoff bubble without permission? It depends on the team. [ESPN]
- The new Seattle franchise is going to unveil its name today!