Let’s go over some news and notes:
- It’s pretty clear that Kirill Kaprizov is going to be a very good player for the Wild, but just how good will he really be? [Hockey Wilderness]
- The Wild are just a couple weeks away from their series against the Canucks, but first they get to take on the Avalanche in an exhibition game. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Mats Zuccarello was fine in his first season with Minnesota, but due to his expensive contract, many were hoping for more. [Hockey Wilderness]
- With Dean Evason now the full-time head coach of the Wild, what was it that made him such a good fit for the job? [Zone Coverage]
Off the trail...
- The Senators are bringing back their old logo and uniforms from the 1990s, and frankly, this is something they should have done a long time ago. [Silver Seven]
- The Islanders finally signed prized goalie prospect Ilya Sorokin to his entry-level deal. [Lighthouse Hockey]
- Corey Crawford has been ruled “unfit to play” for the Blackhawks, and it’s unclear when he’ll be ready to return. [Second City Hockey]
- Leon Draisaitl, Nathan MacKinnon and Artemi Panarin have been named the finalists for the Ted Lindsay Award.
Think you could write a story like this? Hockey Wilderness wants you to develop your voice, find an audience, and we'll pay you to do it. Just fill out this form.