Let’s go over some news and notes:
- The Wild couldn’t beat the Blackhawks last night, and that really stinks. However, Eric Staal got his 1,000th point, and that’s pretty awesome. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Ladies and gentlemen, Carson Soucy is very, very good. It’s hard not to be thrilled with his play since taking on a larger role. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Matt Dumba continues to struggle. This isn’t looking great, folks. [The Athletic]
- Marcus Foligno beat someone up real good this weekend, and the beating may have scarred a young child for life.
Off the trail...
- Some awful news out of Philadelphia. Flyers forward Oskar Lindblom has been diagnosed with a rare form of bone cancer and it out for the rest of the season. [Broad Street Hockey]
- It’s sure sounding like the Coyotes might be the favorites to land Taylor Hall from the Devils. [Sportsnet]
- Casey Mittelstadt just hasn’t seemed to carve out a significant role with the Sabres yet. He’s headed to the AHL now. [Die By The Blade]
- Alex Ovechkin thinks Nicklas Backstrom is the sexiest guy in the league.