Let’s go over some news and notes:
- Should we talk about the game against the Bruins? Yeah, we probably should. What a crummy way for the Wild to lose. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Ryan Donato still hasn’t gotten totally comfortable with the Wild yet, but he has a small army of people in Boston cheering him on. [The Athletic]
- The trades that sent Nino Niederreiter, Charlie Coyle and Mikael Granlund away were objectively not great, but none of those players are exactly doing much with their new teams. [Star Tribune]
Off the trail...
- Blues defenseman Robert Bortuzzo has been suspended for four games after pretty much trying to murder Viktor Arvidsson. [St. Louis Game Time]
- Speaking of the Blues, the bond Colton Parayko and Laila Anderson have formed is truly remarkable. [Sportsnet]
- Keith Yandle lost nine (9!) whole ass teeth against the Hurricanes over the weekend, and he still kept playing.
Think you could write a story like this? Hockey Wilderness wants you to develop your voice, find an audience, and we'll pay you to do it. Just fill out this form.