Hockey Wilderness

Article: Gamethread: Wild at Flyers (12:00 p.m.)

very disappointing -

• i would have played Fleury today, no matter if he wanted his show in Pitts. he can go 3 games in a row. oh well. 
  • i think i'd try MJ with Zuccy and Kap or (Foligno with Zuccy and Kap) ; MJ's O zone entrance is the best in the team and he'll bring more speed to L1. 
  • what philly did is what each central team will do and do much better = physical dominance
  • foligno was good! trenin and freddy were horrendous and i am sorry foligno has to play with them. 
  • mitchkov was great. those comps to kap and kuch seem to be spot on. exciting prospect. 

• Like 1

You knew it was coming. Momentum lost. Woulda been nice to get the expected win more than a win against FL teams. At least to me, the losses to Philly or Arizona last year were sad.

It immediately brings back the memory of Wild streakiness. 

Scoring five goals isn't the problem. A PP goal earlier woulda been nice or some poise after scoring helps but you can't give up seven and expect to win games in the NHL. SW Florida duffer-league, sure but NHL teams who concede seven are gonna lose. Six, for the sake of argument if you don't count the EN.

Rossi was terrible in this game.  Constantly getting pushed off the puck and knocked down.  Looked very slow.  Gus should have been pulled after the 1st.  You could just see it wasn’t going to be his day.  These are the games you can’t loose if you want to be a good team.  

• Like 2

^^^

Yes, winning solves everything. By that I mean the Wild has problems when they depart from their game plan. They came in thinking they were entitled to something against an outmatched team on paper. 

Consistency, ya know.

1 hour ago, mnhockeyfan03 said:

Rossi was terrible in this game.  Constantly getting pushed off the puck and knocked down.  Looked very slow.  

Although I missed Rossi, did see several other Wild players completely physically dominated, particularly Brodin, Chisholm, and even Zucc.  Each time the Wild tied the game, you can read the look on Tort's going from AYFKM to ".... more attack".  Simply put- the east coast teams are build for more offense, and it was on full display today.  I won't put all the blame on Gus today, as much as I'm not his fan, as our defense needs to adapt play style to different teams' attacks.  Zucc looked out of position multiple times.  The SOG after 1 was crazy.  Still very early in the season, and their ability to recover from the goal deficit shows potential.

• Like 1