Hockey Wilderness

Article: Charlie Stramel Is Starting To Look Like A Better Jordan Greenway

Robert Brent

21 hours ago, Outskated said:

Stramel was still a big reach, only projects as a bottom 6 center. Should never draft for need, especially when there was superior talent available still at 21.  Brackett missed the boat on that one.  I hope I am proven wrong though.  

I disagree. Where we were drafting from in the round, a bottom 6 C starter would be a welcome addition to the team.

52 minutes ago, FredJohnson said:

No no no that's not what I read. I am confused by this: "thats a big reason BG doesn't like him." Are you guessing that Guerin has an issue with guys that have hard to pronounce names and holds it against them? I mean his last name is GWERIN.

Willy is referring to Rossi's reluctance to speak up for himself.  His personality is too timid for Guerin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FredJohnson said:

No no no that's not what I read. I am confused by this: "thats a big reason BG doesn't like him." Are you guessing that Guerin has an issue with guys that have hard to pronounce names and holds it against them? I mean his last name is GWERIN.

1 hour ago, FredJohnson said:

Lol, no that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying it's Rossi's personality type that doesn't sit well with BG. It took him 2 years, maybe 3 to speak up and say, hey this is how you pronounce my name.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Willy the poor boy said:

Lol, no that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying it's Rossi's personality type that doesn't sit well with BG. It took him 2 years, maybe 3 to speak up and say, hey this is how you pronounce my name.

5q5.gif

23 hours ago, Citizen Strife said:

I mean, getting a third liner era Ek is hardly a bad thing if Stranel is anywhere close to that.  Ek was always a completely unstoppable defensive force.

That's certainly too high of an expectation in my eyes. David Edstrom was the defensively strong C that people said reminded them of JEE, and he was available there, eventually selected #32.

Edstrom is 6'2" and playing a significant role for his Swedish Hockey League team where he's recorded 6 points in 8 games as a 19-year old. He turns 20 in February, so he's even younger and more accomplished.

Stramel is a big bigger, but I thought Edstrom was the better option on draft day and that hasn't changed yet. We'll see who's better in a few years, but I'm putting my money on Edstrom's more developed 2-way game.

Does this sound like early JEE or what, "“Edstrom is an intriguing center who touches all elements of the game with above-average play. All his traits seem to be plus qualities, though at the same time he doesn’t necessarily stand out with a lot of flash or pizzaz.” -- FC Hockey