Hockey Wilderness

Article: Marco Rossi Is Looking Like A Top-Line Center

Tony Abbott

46 minutes ago, Lovehockey said:

The Kaprizov-Rossi-Zuccarello line will not be successful against the physical players. Because they are skilled they will score some goals but it will not be even close to the Ek-Kaprisov-Boldy line. It will not be pack position, nor consistent pressure. And this is the problem Rossi presents for this team. Not saying he is bad by no means. And the last with Columbus showed that, most of time this line was not producing anything.

with saying this i understand why the line was creating (speed the wealth) but don’t expect Kaprisov be happy with this. Wait for few more games with better teams, and bigger teams 

They've faced some big blue lines. You saw Rossi take on Parayko behind the net, he's as physical as it gets. That line thrived against Jamie Oleksiak and Adam Larsson. Winnipeg always brings it. I don't understand how anyone can look at the way Kaprizov/Rossi play and are built and assume that they're these delicate flowers who can't take on tall players. You don't think coaches have thought to throw size at Kaprizov before?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tony Abbott said:

They've faced some big blue lines. You saw Rossi take on Parayko behind the net, he's as physical as it gets. That line thrived against Jamie Oleksiak and Adam Larsson. Winnipeg always brings it. I don't understand how anyone can look at the way Kaprizov/Rossi play and are built and assume that they're these delicate flowers who can't take on tall players. You don't think coaches have thought to throw size at Kaprizov before?

Tony They are competitive players but everyone can do only what their physical abilities allow them to do. And of course coaches though about this but as of now Wild does not have any other choice if they want to have two competitive line. But i cannot be agree  Rossi-Kaprizov-Zuccarello is even close to Ek-Kaprizov-Boldy. And last year actually proof of this. So let’s wait and see how this will played out 

It didn't matter if the Wild played a solid old-school gritty game against Dallas. The stripes wanted to throw out an abuse of power & control the fans & the Wild's high-energy play style... I firmly believe when the X started rocking, the refs had it set in their heads that they were going to eject our players to make an example for just about anything. That is what annoys me about everyone ragging on Hartman for stupid penalties, it wouldn't have mattered what our agitators did because the refs had handcuffs ready before the puck dropped, they didn't want the Wild to play their playstyle, thus "setting the tone" for a wimpass pantywaste team to sandbag until they would get a powerplay sent their way... That whole deal was a Fu($#ing disgrace. "Deflection" My ass, someone should beat that freakn cutesy smile off dime-store Kevin Spacey's face.

Of course, the Zebra's feel no need to impose such strict control when your clueless fanbase throws hissy fits & starts barraging the rink with beer cans... No just punish the other fanbase.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tony Abbott said:

No, almost 90% of his 5-on-5 minutes have come with Kaprizov; 85% have come with Zuccarello. Any other time with other forwards is probably from on-the-fly changes and the first shift after a power play expires.

I think it was just the first game Rossi centered Thing 1 and Thing 2

Any concern about Rossi depends on the points he has at the end of the season.

40-50: no to little improvement; Guerin either cuts his losses or gets a short bridge in term and price.

50-60: suitable increase in production that likely keeps him here, and he either settles for the Ek bargain, or pushes for the Lundell money ($5-6m)

60-70: Unlikely, but overwhelmingly positive, and you push for Beniers/Boldy money ($7m)

70+: that's an absurd 30 pt improvement in one year, near PPG, and you sign him to "fuck you money." He's likely that 1C going forward, and would be hard to convince anyone otherwise.

I pegged him at 55-60 pts, and would be happy with that, Kap line inflation or not.  Rossi proves somehow better than that, then I'm over the moon.

24 minutes ago, Pewterschmidt said:

I think it was just the first game Rossi centered Thing 1 and Thing 2

That could be right.  With Trenin and Foligno assisting on Rossi's goal to start the scoring in Columbus, I had thought maybe he was getting more shifts with them that game, but I was unable to watch that one.

If that was simply a line change, it was exquisite timing for Rossi to enter the zone from the bench, get the puck back to the corner and cut towards the net.

https://www.nhl.com/video/min-at-cbj-recap-6363506769112

1 hour ago, Tony Abbott said:

No, almost 90% of his 5-on-5 minutes have come with Kaprizov; 85% have come with Zuccarello. Any other time with other forwards is probably from on-the-fly changes and the first shift after a power play expires.

Thanks Tony! I appreciate it and these articles. I live out of state and don't see but a couple Wild games per year.

RPCJ.gif

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheGoosesAreLooses said:

All of these four have a very good chance to raise their value substantially this year and getting ahead of it and keeping those contracts low is the key to getting that big free agent.

The Wild need to get these contracts done asap. These younger players are super important to the team’s future. They are developing nicely and have some upside as well. I feel like BG likes to keep his options open, but IMO he sometimes chooses the wrong ones. 

• Like 1

Verified Member

My idea would be to put a muscle guy with Rossi and Kaprizov  ,  I mean Yzerman had no problem with Probie  on his line, use a talented puck handling D-man with them  ,  Zucc can slide with the 2nd line   ,  

Heres another idea ,  switch the 2nd line and make that the first line so that Kaprizov , Rossi ,Zucc  follow up the momentum created off of them  instead of following the 4rfh  where there is less momentum  .   

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dango said:

My idea would be to put a muscle guy with Rossi and Kaprizov  ,  I mean Yzerman had no problem with Probie  on his line, use a talented puck handling D-man with them  ,  Zucc can slide with the 2nd line   ,  

Heres another idea ,  switch the 2nd line and make that the first line so that Kaprizov , Rossi ,Zucc  follow up the momentum created off of them  instead of following the 4rfh  where there is less momentum  .   

My answer to everything right now:

Needs more Lauko.

• Like 1