Hockey Wilderness

Article: The Wild Could Use A Little More Attitude

Here is some interesting info on age, weight, height etc that came out via the athletic.

Mn Wild 2024-2025

30th in weight at 196.1 lbs

30th in height at 72.7in

9th in age at 29

30th most Canadian players with 27.3%

(We have the highest amount of European players by percentage in the entire NHL)

We have the 14th most first round picks on the team(teams above us are mostly all rebuilding such as Buffalo, Ana, Phi. 

42.6% of all nhlers are first round picks.

46.1% of the rest are 2nd plus rounders and 11.3% are undrafted. Very interesting stuff. Kind of shows how important those first rounders are.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Mateo3xm said:

Here is some interesting info on age, weight, height etc that came out via the athletic.

Mn Wild 2024-2025

30th in height at 72.7in

9th in age at 29

(We have the highest amount of European players by percentage in the entire NHL)

We have the 14th most first round picks on the team(teams above us are mostly all rebuilding such as Buffalo, Ana, Phi. 

46.1% of the rest are 2nd plus rounders and 11.3% are undrafted. Very interesting stuff. Kind of shows how important those first rounders are.

Euro-ratio too high. 😁

We all knew this team is on the smaller end of things. Pushing for a smaller team to play a rougher game is a good way to have a bunch of injuries. Let's play to our strengths. You can still be aggressive without going out of your way to throw hits. The first couple games that Foligno/Trenin line looked like they were more focused on getting hit than playing the puck. I thought they looked better in our game with STL and are making more hockey plays. Goons are a thing of the past, let's keep them there. So far, I think it is safe to say that Foligno, Hartman and Trenin has been our least effective line. 

I think that Lauko, Khus line looks awesome. They play hard, bring intense pressure and speed but are, on average, a smaller line. I will take that every day of the week when they play a fast paced game, give no time and space with the puck, play the body and still have the ability to create mistakes and offence with their high pressure style. It is far more effective than a couple goons head hunting while the puck is penned in our zone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mateo3xm said:

Mn Wild 2024-2025

30th in height at 72.7in

9th in age at 29

Low center of gravity?

Low man winz?

Wait...did I miss something?  Are we calling the Larsson elbow dirty now, because even with my homer glasses on, I don't think it was an intentional elbow.  Looks to me he played the puck off the wall and his elbow caught ekker on the follow through.

Similarly, on Wednesday, St. Louis’ Phillip Broberg drew blood on Hartman late in the third period. The game was nearly over, but even so, the Wild had no response. Maybe there was no rationale to drop the gloves at that point; perhaps it was better just to take the power play.

Really?  There was a 4 minute minor on that one because of the blood with 4:03 left in a game...that you've got a 2 goal lead in.  You let the scoreboard do the talking (and a goalie goal) on that one, because that double minor was a dagger to close out the game.

Honestly, those two examples are not great ones that I want to see gloves on the ice.  If anything, the wild are finally demonstrating some discipline.  That reputation they had sure didnt help them out in the Dallas series...

• Like 2