Hockey Wilderness

Article: Filip Gustavsson Scoring A Goal Is Everything

I love it. I was hoping that Gusbus would get the shut out, because the way he's been playing so far this season he deserved it.  Goalie goal is a nice consolation prize though.

Nothing is more fun than winning,  but games like these are far more fun than 2-1 grinders.

I know we're only 5% of the way through the season, and BillyG gets knocked around for bringing in guys who are good for the room rather than good on the ice, but last nights game looked like a team that was playing like a team.

I was also super stoked about Lauko's shorty.  Not only because he actually finished, but because Kyrou literally bounced off him.  We've been talking for ages about getting some size (cough, Stramel, cough) and a true 'power' forward into MN, and Lauko seems to actually know how to play with the body he has (cough, Greenway, cough)

I'm sure I'm going to be back to earth soon, but this start sure beats last year.

Edited by MrCheatachu
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, MrCheatachu said:

I was also super stoked about Lauko's shorty.  Not only because he actually finished, but because Kyrou literally bounced off him.  We've been talking for ages about getting some size (cough, Stramel, cough) and a true 'power' forward into MN, and Lauko seems to actually know how to play with the body he has (cough, Greenway, cough)

Duhaime wasn't afraid to hit and I liked him just fine, but that was a better play than I ever saw from Duhaime. Lauko is an easy player to like, especially given that he can convert a play like that!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Imyourhuckleberry said:

Lauko is an easy player to like, especially given that he can convert a play like that!

And he's practically playing for free.  At his price he can disappear from time to time.  How did the Malachi Crunch Bros. (Foglino+Trenin) look last night.  1-2 glass shattering hits.  Or hits + hockey plays?

Edited by Pewterschmidt

STL was a better team to beat. You could make a referee argument about the Seattle game and if that had become a regulation win for MN, they'd be looking WAY better than at the start of last season despite the early injuries again.

For me the record is good, yes okay. The two non-losses in regulation to Central rivals is huge for confidence and tone. Keep it up boys. Hynes, you're onto something with NoJo nowhere to be seen. 😎