Hockey Wilderness

Article: Can Jack Capuano's Decades Of Experience Fix Minnesota's Penalty Kill?

Verified Member
46 minutes ago, Citizen Strife said:

How the fuck do you let them score with two seconds left to tie it up?

By losing the d-zone face off. Clean win just like WPG goals scored against MN in the pre-season. 

So far this is looking like the Wild team that can't win draws or defend well enough like last season. These are the exact same things we noticed before. Can't win important draws just like that. 6v4 in the D-zone, bang in the back of the net. When does MN score that way???

• Like 1

I guess I was expecting a little more coordination from the boys after a full summer and training camp of learning Heinze’s program. I’ve only watched one and a half games so far, but this is a little reminiscent of the Todd Richards years. Five players skating in five different directions on every shift. too early to make that judgment yes but I’m not encouraged by what I’m seeing so far 

• Like 1

Verified Member

Correction: 6v5. Still, MN lacking important details in these first few games. WPG shelling MN with 20+ shots in two periods. It's like Deja-Vu all over again. NoJo-negative -1 with two giveaways and no shots.

NetlossNo.jpg.1e192c8df059b5cfac207a26f7b137d7.jpg

Verified Member
1 minute ago, Pewterschmidt said:

The only thing I’ve seen Trenin do is chase the play Duhaime was elite at this. Why didn’t we just keep Duhaime and spend Trenins $4M+ on an nhl middle six forward

Because Trenin was a different type of player MN needs. Hynes puts him on the grizzle line and neutralizes Hartman's scoring ability by putting him with bangers down low and loads all the Euros on finesse lines.

So far, I'm looking at Guerin's tweaks and Hynes lines like WTF is the point of that?

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, Protec said:

Because Trenin was a different type of player MN needs. Hynes puts him on the grizzle line and neutralizes Hartman's scoring ability by putting him with bangers down low and loads all the Euros on finesse lines.

So far, I'm looking at Guerin's tweaks and Hynes lines like WTF is the point of that?

spacer.png

Your meme game is in mid season form Protec.  

• Haha 1

Faber's been keeping the few plays the Wild has strung together in the offensive zone.  The team is even lucky it is tied now.  A lot of it is Gus, but Faber and Middleton are about the only defenseman not screwing up more than once a shift.

Edited by Citizen Strife
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Citizen Strife said:

Faber's been keeping the few plays the Wild has strung together in the offensive zone.  The team is even lucky it is tied now.

He hasn’t been Merrill bad, but we are paying him 8.5 million! I expect a bit more 😎

Verified Member
2 minutes ago, Citizen Strife said:

Sorry, but Faber alone isn't going to make up for Ek and Spurgeon being out, the Wild being on a back to back, and other defensemen kinda playing like shit.  The Wild are lucky they haven't been blown out.

The Wild without Ek is a ship without a rudder. Spurgeon is looking less and less valuable the more he sits out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Citizen Strife said:

Sorry, but Faber alone isn't going to make up for Ek and Spurgeon being out, the Wild being on a back to back, and other defensemen kinda playing like shit.  The Wild are lucky they haven't been blown out.

Spurge hasn’t been that good either

Its been Gus on D

Ek we do miss badly

• Like 1