Hockey Wilderness

Article: Jack Peart Offers A Lot Of Promise But Still Has A Way To Go

Verified Member

He’s only 21 and is playing with some nerves probably. I think he’s playing pretty good, and hopefully can replace a guy like Merrill who still makes rookie mistakes. 

• Like 1

I did not see a future nhl’r in peart. But P-train he’s young…he’s 21 so if he’s gonna make it he should show some promise and he’s small.  I’d predict Lambos gets more nhl toi, and this sports fan is not expecting much nhl toi from that over hyped prospect. 

• Confused 1

Wild are desperate to see a player drafted in the second round by Judd  to hit. Other teams are finding gems. Logan Stankoven comes to mind as a 21 year old making a strong showing for, yes, your Dallas Stars. Brock Faber was drafted by the Kings so second rounders are definitely in play. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Burnt Toast said:

Wild are desperate to see a player drafted in the second round by Judd  to hit. Other teams are finding gems. Logan Stankoven comes to mind as a 21 year old making a strong showing for, yes, your Dallas Stars. Brock Faber was drafted by the Kings so second rounders are definitely in play. 

Why would they be desperate?  Players typically take a couple years to develop.  It's probably unlikely to expect a 2nd rounder from anything more recent than 2021 and of those selections, Khusnutdinov is playing in the NHL.  I don't see him ever being more than bottom 6, but it's still an NHL player.  Many 2nd rounders never even make the NHL, and it seems likely that a couple of those players will become NHL players after they develop.