Hockey Wilderness

Article: Wild Send Riley Heidt Back to Juniors

Was excited to see him and was hoping he could compete for a roster spot but after watching him it was clear he wasn't ready yet. The only thing that sucks is he has to go back to the WHL instead of reporting to Iowa..stupid rule.

The Wild could loan him to a European team, preferably Kumpulainen's team, if they wanted him playing against steeper competition.

Well, I finally have internet back, it came back on late yesterday afternoon. Helene was expected to take a westerly turn and slam Atlanta head on, instead, it kept on trekking toward Charlotte. We were on the Northeast side, the side that gets most of the wind. They call it the dirty side. My neighborhood wasn't too bad but we lost power for about 32 hours, and internet for about 4 days. 

April of 2023, we bought a generac generator hooked up directly to natural gas. Christmas of 2022, we had rolling blackouts in our area which were supposed to last for 1/2 and hour. Ours lasted for about 6 hours on Christmas eve, which took out all the celebrations while the temp was 9 degrees. While in MN, that doesn't seem like much, but around here, that's about as cold as it gets. This wasn't happening again.

I hadn't got a chance to see how the generator worked since right after I got it they buried the power wires through our neighborhood and we haven't had a disruption of more than an hour. This thing worked great!!!! For us, it popped on in the middle of the night, it's a generator so it sounds about as loud as a motorcycle. Our life went on as normal except for the internet which was also down. 

This is not political, but as we convert more energy to renewable sources, power loss is bound to get more common. I highly recommend getting the unit just in case if you have natural gas in your neighborhood. We've got a freezer full of meat that is usually stocked. We would have lost a load of it without this. And, usually, when the blackouts occur, the weather is not very good.

Love the Star Tribune puff piece on Freddy. My admittedly aged eye test watching his play in the last preseason game does not mesh with the article. Old and slow is not a good way to play hockey. I learned that playing seniors (old timers) hockey. If only Deano would come begging BG for his old buddy.