Hockey Wilderness

Article: The Wild Should Benefit From A Richer Farm System This Year

Luke Sims

Boyd, Jones, Shore, and Clarke have played pretty well in the preseason.  You have some players who haven't (Peart last night coughed up twice in the D-zone).  However, the aim this year was to make sure if people had to get called up, there would be more people suited to those 3rd/4th lines and bring their A-games to those spots.  Early signs say that could be a good turnaround.

• Like 1

Jones, Clarke, Hunt, Lauko, Knudi, and Ogie have all done pretty good for the few pre-season games they've played.

Better than Heidt from our initial looks. It's gonna be hard for the Guerin/Hynes to round out their roster. Some of these guys will make it, but some should end up in IA.

I wanna see Vaj get a preseason game. I'd like to see some of the duffers put on a shelf for a rainy day. At this point, Merrill and NoJo have experience but that's about it by comparison. I wanna see the hungrier, newer players getting a chance to establish themselves.

If IA has Clarke, Jones, or some third guy who isn't staying in St.Paul, they should be pretty good. Vaj of course, will be a key element.

23 minutes ago, Citizen Strife said:

Boyd, Jones, Shore, and Clarke have played pretty well in the preseason.  You have some players who haven't (Peart last night coughed up twice in the D-zone).  However, the aim this year was to make sure if people had to get called up, there would be more people suited to those 3rd/4th lines and bring their A-games to those spots.  Early signs say that could be a good turnaround.

Forgot about Shore & Boyd. That's what I'm saying. Looks like those guys all competing is good. Lauko is a front-runner it seems, but Jones and Clarke seem like they can score some goals too. Better depth for the Wild this season. Ogie & Knudi should keep getting better, you hope.