Hockey Wilderness

Article: Can Jakub Lauko Squeeze Onto the Wild Roster?

Verified Member

Guerin had Goligoski sit out quite a bit last year. Hopefully, double-hopefully, NoJo will be in the press box like Rask was. Lauko brings more of what the Wild need and the younger guys have speed and hunger you just don't see from old Euros. 

I think it's time to insert the Ogies, Laukos, Knudis into the lineup for good. Keep your old-duffers in reserve. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Protec said:

Hopefully, double-hopefully, NoJo will be in the press box like Rask was. Lauko brings more of what the Wild need and the younger guys have speed and hunger you just don't see from old Euros. 

I think they'll give Johansson every chance to prove he can still contribute, but if he's not getting the job done, I would expect he'll see his ice time reduce significantly from last year.

I had suggested 55 points would be a good season from him going into 23-24, assuming he was with Boldy and JEE as he was to start the year. 45 points would have been somewhat acceptable.

30 points and bad defense is completely unacceptable. He should see zero PK shifts, zero OT shifts, and I'm not even sure he should see PP shifts. I've also been advocating for press box time if the Wild don't move him. He has some ability to play like he belongs on the ice, as seen the prior year, but he's very inconsistent in showing it and he's a defensive liability.

Edited by Imyourhuckleberry
Added OT comment. Kills me to see him out there 3 v 3.
  • Like 1