Hockey Wilderness

Article: Are the Wild Really Going To Carry Three Goalies?

Luke Sims

13 hours ago, mnhockeyfan03 said:

Wallstedt looked really solid tonight.  The best players on the ice for the Wild were Lauko, Lambos, Chisolm, Jones, Wallstedt.  Lambos is ready and much better than Merrill and hunt.  Freddie was ok but still looks to slow like the past 2 years. Lauko had an extra gear.  

Give us the full scouting report!  Hmmm, I wonder if I can watch it off of ESPN+?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mnfaninnc said:

I'd also like to see him get in 20 NHL games

For me this is the best scenario. It means he’s taken a big step and management is beginning to trust him. I can’t see a better path for him to develop. JW isn’t just a make it to the NHL guy, he’s on a trajectory to become a top 10 goalie in the league. Just how close to the top I’m not sure. I will be honest, he’s the player I’m most excited to see playing this year. 

It looked like a shuffle-in players that weren't suited up last night deal. I.e. next game or two, we'll see Heidt, Haight, Vaj, perhaps? He impressed Guerin at Worlds so I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a game, or half a game. 

A few guys are gone and back to junior already. Ritchie got in pre-season game one, but he's headed to Medicine Hat now. Handful of guys reporting to IA. 

Dallas next, wonder who starts in net? Vaj in Dallas could be pretty sweet. 

4 hours ago, Up North Guy said:

I tried listening last night and the boys sounded like they played well. I couldn't get a read on who the Jets had on the ice though. Did they ice an NHL squad or a squad of prospects?

Relatively comparable rosters between the two clubs. But I would say the Jets had more experienced players overall. Average number of NHL games played per roster:

• Wild: Average 106 GP/player
    • 12X Players who have played less than 15 games: Raska (13), Hunt (12), Wallstedt (3), Clarke (3), Jones (2), Crotty (1),Toporowski (0), Ritchie (0), Bankier (0), Novak (0), Lambos, (0), Parker (0),
    • 5X players who have played more than 100 games: Merrill (612), Shore (443), Gaudreau (328), Boyd (296), Gaunce (177)

• Jets: Average 162 GP/player 
    • 9X Players who have played less than 15 games: Lambert (1), Chibrikov (1), Yager (0), Barlow (0), Julien (0), Levis (0), Salomonsson (0), Kuzmin (0), Bauer (0)
    • 9X Players who have played more than 100 games: Namestnikov (708), Miller (512), Iafallo (502), Appleton (329), Fleury (268), Vilardi (199), Barron (182), Samberg (156), Kahkonen (139)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, mnhockeyfan03 said:

Hmm I wonder if some people don’t have it.  Don’t be a clown.  Be respectful.  Just trying to help.

Just thinking out loud...well through my fingers. I am not used to preseason games being broadcast out of market.