Hockey Wilderness

Article: The Wild Are Recycling Their Top Line... For Now

Tony Abbott

51 minutes ago, wildtwins said:

I'm still confused why they still haven't tried Rossi/Boldy considering those two played well together when they were in Iowa. Putting Rossi with Foligno/Trenin just shows that Hynes is as clueless as Dean. 

I believe it is too early to make solid assessments on who is on what line. Hynes is experimenting to see what does and what does not work. He has new pieces to play with and players returning from injuries. It will take a little while and much jockeying to see what he has. He still could make bonehead decisions but he has to look. 

WSC- thanks for the weight measurements.

I'm pretty sure that Rossi is higher than 183 and Ohgren north of 187. Those are the listed measurements, though. It would have been nice to have a hidden camera on the training camp measurements' room to click off the actual weight of players. 

Honestly, I think the "official measurements" have a similar honesty to the wrestling ones. It probably goes like this- Trainer: your 6'2" 203, how would you like to be listed? Player: 6'4" 227. Trainer: Ok, that works.

Other player-Trainer: you measure 5'10" 185, how would you like to be listed? Player: 5'8" 166. Trainer: Ok, that works.

Announcer: wow, player Y sure plays above his weight! He just lit up player X in the corner. Note: Player Y is not named Addison.