Hockey Wilderness

Article: Catch Up With Hockey Wilderness' 2024 Top-10 Prospects Series

Tony Abbott

So, been on Reddit today talking about Kaprizov's ceiling.  A comment came in about "Well, let's see what he does with a real 1C."    So, of course we had to drudge up this stupid argument again.  After stating Ek was Top 25 in goal scoring centers, and a little other back and forth, another person said, "He's not, have higher standards."

So, I went ahead and looked at last year's stats yet AGAIN just to be sure.

30th was Eichel at 68 points.  A lot of other people are at 67 points.  Ek was at 64 points.  3-4 points hardly makes me clamor for some weird ass label or affront to Ek's success.

So, whether it's on Reddit or here, I'd like to put to rest the "The Wild need a 1C" argument that's been around for years for good in favor of something else.  The top 10 centers start with Petterson at 89-90 pts.  So, I think going forward, anyone should be judged as "hey, they are a top 10 player at their position."  I can totally buy that as a dream goal for someone like Rossi, Yurov, or Heidt to achieve.  If that doesn't happen, that shouldn't condemn them as some bad player.

Sorry if I'm complaining.  I just think the Ek hate boner and the a prospect should be a true 1C player thing just annoyed me to no end.

• Like 1