Hockey Wilderness

Article: Wild Name Training Camp Roster

Thomas Williams

It probably won't be made public, but to me the most intriguing part of training camp, at least early on, will be the measurements phase. I don't know why teams hide this so much, but I'd like to see the progression here from the kids. For instance, after hearing that Rossi came in stronger than last year, I'm not going to be happy with a 5'9" 190 measurement. 

Same thing can be said of Ohgren, Bankier, Dino, Lauko, Trenin, Faber, Chisholm, Lambos, Spacek, Masters, Peart and even Brodin. 

Simply put, the measurements mostly will show what the athletes did this summer. The height might actually show a late growth spurt too. I really don't see what the big secret is. It's not like wrestling where guys are listed at 6'10" 400, and you can clearly see this is not so.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, mnfaninnc said:

It probably won't be made public, but to me the most intriguing part of training camp, at least early on, will be the measurements phase. I don't know why teams hide this so much, but I'd like to see the progression here from the kids. For instance, after hearing that Rossi came in stronger than last year, I'm not going to be happy with a 5'9" 190 measurement. 

Same thing can be said of Ohgren, Bankier, Dino, Lauko, Trenin, Faber, Chisholm, Lambos, Spacek, Masters, Peart and even Brodin. 

Simply put, the measurements mostly will show what the athletes did this summer. The height might actually show a late growth spurt too. I really don't see what the big secret is. It's not like wrestling where guys are listed at 6'10" 400, and you can clearly see this is not so.

According to Hynes Boldy has added muscle this year also.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Up North Guy said:

According to Hynes Boldy has added muscle this year also.

Will his official measurements change? Doubtful. 

For instance, I am pretty sure that Ek is playing somewhere around 215-220, not 207 as listed.