Hockey Wilderness

Article: Riley Heidt Makes Most of Wild's Prospect Showcase

Thomas Williams

Good article from the Athletic today on the Wild. I'll share 2 tidbits that I thought were particularly noteworthy.

The good news is that everybody is healthy entering camp, Hynes said, including captain Jared Spurgeon and Marcus Foligno, both coming off surgeries.

On Boldy:

“He really put in the time in the summer. He worked with our conditioning staff. He’s bigger, stronger. That’s one of the things we talked about: How does he continue to be a dominant player and more consistent? And the big thing is, when he’s moving his feet, he’s playing a power game. He’s given himself more of an opportunity this offseason with the type of dedication he’s put into training to be a strong power forward that has excellent skill.”

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, bisopher said:

Boldy's skills + "strong power forward" body = 😃😀😀😀😀

In other news, Boldy's drives are now about 340 yards!

I'm really glad he put in the time this summer. I don't expect him to drill guys into the boards, but I do expect him to skate through some bodychecks and have a lot of guys bouncing off of him. 

One thing I'd really like to see from Boldy is a change in mentality. To me, I've thought he doesn't really know how big he is and is still a smaller player playing in a bigger player's body. He really doesn't need to button hook in the zone much anymore. He needs to go wherever he wants to on the ice and just go there whether around or through some guys. 

Now, I'd be lying if I didn't get tickled watching Boldy lower the boom on a middleweight defender. It's a couple of those kind of things that convinces his mind that he really is a big player.

• Like 1

^^^

I posted the Seeler one too. Get's buried in the forum threads though where nobody looks. I enjoyed that. West Suburbs guy myself so lots of games against EP. 

On a different note, haven't heard about Boldy golfing. 😁