Hockey Wilderness

Article: What Does Danila Yurov Have Left To Prove In the KHL?

So, what does Yurov need to work on still in the K? Everyone knows my answer: strength and weight. I see his measurements at 6'1" and about 180 lbs. Elite Prospects says he has good strength. 

What made Kaprizov such a great addition was he was built like a tank. Sure, he's short, but at 203 he's very thick. My hope would be that he would continue hitting the gym and building his body up to NHL standards. He's still very young, and appears to have put on an inch since being drafted.

It's hard to get measurements out of Russia, and I'm assuming that his 180 listed weight is actually higher. But what he needs to do is show off his strength more too. His bonuses wouldn't fit into our cap this season, but next season they will, and with extra strength/weight, may be more obtainable. 

Above, you have Heidt, Haight and Ritchie. If you look at those measurements, they are still boys. Hopefully we'll get updated measurements on all very soon, and I'm particularly interested in Haight. Moving to 6'2", my bet is he has also filled out some naturally and I'm hoping he hit the gym hard this summer. 

The reports of Yurov playing through the playoffs with a shoulder injury are both good and bad. I'm happy he stayed in the lineup, but unhappy about the injury. His strength/weight will not necessarily be to slam people into the boards, but to be able to take the punishment in the N. We don't need a bunch of brittle players coming in, they need to be built up.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FredJohnson said:

I don't know why Yurov can't be as good. KK is really good but he's not top-10 - close though. Yurov can easily be as good as Tara and Pan.

I think you are undervaluing these players for some reason. Tarasenko was unanimously THE best player not to play in the NHL and was a rock for many years. Panarin is filthy good. To say - no biggie Yurov can be as good as these players is under-appreciative of the skills of these players. Can you say Yurov can be as good as Matthews and Tkachuk? 

As for Kap - I wrote before that i think Kap is a Tier 1 player, a group consisting of -

McDavid, Kuch, MacKinnon, Kap, Matthews, Draisaitl, Pasta

I have him as Top 4 player in the world, and will likely be 3rd best by end of this year due to Kuch being on the older side. Who makes up your top 10 that pushes Kap out of it?

Here is Tier 2 -

Panarin, Rantanen, Nylander, Barkov, Tkachuks, Aho, Petterson, Hughes, Point, Robertson

2 hours ago, OldDutchChip said:

As for Kap - I wrote before that i think Kap is a Tier 1 player, a group consisting of -

McDavid, Kuch, MacKinnon, Kap, Matthews, Draisaitl, Pasta

I do not. And the NHL doesn't either. #14 between Jack Hughes and Panarin. I'd put KK at about #20, and that's pretty d@mn good.

https://thehockeywriters.com/top-100-nhl-players-2024-25/

2 hours ago, FredJohnson said:

I do not. And the NHL doesn't either. #14 between Jack Hughes and Panarin. I'd put KK at about #20, and that's pretty d@mn good.

https://thehockeywriters.com/top-100-nhl-players-2024-25/

Good for you and NHL!

Hughes, Hedman, tkachuk, 50 year old Crosby, yeap same bias and favoritism and idiocy in the media! 
kaprizov is better than all of them

• Like 1