Hockey Wilderness

Article: Corey Pronman Highlighted Some Surprising Aspects Of Minnesota's Farm System

I think khuz is the victim of backup QB bias.  We’ve all seen him now and he wasn’t Gretzky 2.0 so now the next unproven commodity is Gretzky 2.0

I believe khuz will be a solid bottom six contributor and if he can be the first wild center with 50+% face off he’ll get a key to the city

• Like 2

The top 13: I think the main thing we can take away from Pronman's view is that we've got probably a lot more in the cupboard than most other teams. Our 13th guy could easily be 6th on a team like Ottawa. 

That also means our top 5 are probably really good players. 

We had a few years with Duhaime and Dewar, I'll bet they didn't even make the top 13 when they were there. I also don't think that Pronman considers roles all that much, so a guy like Daemon Hunt who is a stay at home defender and won't put up that many points, could still have a nice role in the bottom pairing and penalty killing. We all know having decent penalty killers is a good thing right now.

I'm hoping for the A to push these kids a little more. They need higher standards. They need to be able to play next man up, because a highly injured season for the big club affects them too. They didn't do a good job of that last season. McLean's got to push them harder.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kato AK said:

Speaking of propsects...does anyone know why Yurov hasn't played in Metallurg's first 3 games? Injury? Only signing 1-year punishment?

He had offseason shoulder surgery and is still recovering. I think he's supposed to be ready relatively early in the season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1