Hockey Wilderness

Article: Riley Heidt Has Become Minnesota's Most Polarlizing Prospect

If his defense is really terrible, then moving to wing wouldn't be the worst thing.  The Wild have been a team that focuses on players who can play both positions.  It can't hurt to see what Heidt is like.  Ek, Rossi, and (hopefully) Khusnutdinov are solid defensive centers anyway.  Heidt ending up like Hartman isn't the worst thing.  The team needs more wingers than it needs more centers at this point.

Get that Rossi deal done, and it makes it even less a problem. C'mon Guerin.

Edited by Citizen Strife
  • Like 5

Redacting the top 4 prospects was a nice touch. My guess is around 95% of your readers could fill those in. Personally I always wanted to get a chance to read something redacted so I’m checking that off my bucket list now. I’m looking forward to seeing RH. We could use some dynamic scoring and I sure hopes his translates well. 

• Like 1

Hockey Wilderness Contributor
15 minutes ago, Citizen Strife said:

If his defense is really terrible, then moving to wing wouldn't be the worst thing.  The Wild have been a team that focuses on players who can play both positions.  It can't hurt to see what Heidt is like.  Ek, Rossi, and (hopefully) Khusnutdinov are solid defensive centers anyway.  Heidt ending up like Hartman isn't the worst thing.  The team needs more wingers than it needs more centers at this point.

Get that Rossi deal done, and it makes it even less a problem. C'mon Guerin.

Couldn't agree more. The team has five centers between the three above plus Hartman and Freddy. I think Heidt could develop a positive two-way reputation from the wing given his forechecking instincts

• Like 2

Hockey Wilderness Contributor
6 minutes ago, Burnt Toast said:

Redacting the top 4 prospects was a nice touch. My guess is around 95% of your readers could fill those in. 

I'm sure you know who they are but I bet you won't guess the order! 

• Like 2