Hockey Wilderness

Chisholm is already underrated.

RedLake

He had moments last year where he clearly displayed certain talent... with that said he also had moments last year where he made some awful mistakes and looked a little shaky defensively.  

This year is his opportunity he was never given by the Jets... He has a way higher ceiling than Stanley IMO.

• Like 1

Verified Member

His becoming available and MN getting him was very fortunate. He's got a great start for his age. Similar to Soucy with his ability to chip in offensively. For Chisholm, confidence and experience should help make him a better player. I agree his cost is good now, but could soon require a bigger bump. His and Buium's season this year will be interesting to watch. Who becomes the long-term group? Faber is obviously the new #1. Brodin is under contract with Middleton but what's the Spurgeon situation? We presume Bogo and Merrill are placeholders. 

I say this because, MN might need to make a trade next Summer to transform current assets they can't keep into current or future value. I.e. if Buium looked poised for the NHL, or Heidt for that matter would the Wild have to decide who they're gonna sign next leaving good players outside the bubble? Might Spurgeon, Brodin, or Chisholm be traded for cap or scoring if MN has plans to use young defenders?