Article: Minnesota Wild’s Drafting Record Inspires Confidence

Verified Member
5 hours ago, FredJohnson said:

Maybe?
Kap - EK - Boldy

Ohgren - Rossi - Heidt 

Foligno - Hartmann - Trenin 

Frauddy - Khus - Zuccy

If Heidt can get there this seams ideal. Keep playing with the 3rd and 4th line a bit until one of them really clicks. Zuccy can still pick up extra minutes on PP. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/15/2024 at 11:41 AM, mnfaninnc said:

My suggestion is a huge investment needs to be made in Des Moines.

Definitely!!! The players coming up from IA are not meeting expectations.  If you truly wish to create a Stanley cup contender using the draft, the feeder team must do a better job than what IA is currently doing.  I have a ton of concern here.

Edited by MNCountryLife
  • Like 1

Wow! something that all these disparate viewpoints are agreeing on!.. There definitely needs to be a bigger focus on IA, they've been lameduck for too long. With all this AHL-grade talent accumulation, now would be the time to up that profile. I don't know the single fix. I do think they need to go hard to the training (can they hire Ohgren's dad for a year? 😉). The cornfields out there should support the buckle-down-&-train lifestyle. To be fair: Lambos has actually gained some solid muscle weight, but it can't be just one player. There also needs to be a high-profile attention shift the our AHL organization, as in; GMBG just dropping in, high-profile "guest trainers", etc...

I want something exciting to see when I head out that way to visit family & do my sports betting 😁

• Like 2