Hockey Wilderness

Article: Bring Players Weekend To the NHL

Garrett Richards of the Los Angeles Angels simply added more R’s to his name for some reason and made it “Garrrrrett” for the weekend. Unless there’s an inside joke I’m missing, that’s what you call missing the mark.

My guess is a play off of the Frosted Flakes line.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1SOlAVBvSymo4XTJng6K

• Haha 1

Verified Member

Great idea!

Also, I think B.G. made the signings so that he could be like Hockey Wilderness staff and take the summer off. No signings to be made at 50 lakes!

• Haha 1

Just thinking of the dumb nicknames my friends and I have given each other over the years it could be fun for teammates to pick your name, other than that, hockey is way too cookie cutter for something like that. Hockey, typically, has horrid nicknames, (last name or abbreviation of it) with a Y or IE at the end. Spurge or Spurgy on the back? Yawn, Mighty Mouse? I'd get a chuckle. Midds/Middsy? Nope, Pumpkin or Jack-O-Latern. 

Verified Member
5 hours ago, IllicitFive said:

Just thinking of the dumb nicknames my friends and I have given each other over the years it could be fun for teammates to pick your name, other than that, hockey is way too cookie cutter for something like that. Hockey, typically, has horrid nicknames, (last name or abbreviation of it) with a Y or IE at the end. Spurge or Spurgy on the back? Yawn, Mighty Mouse? I'd get a chuckle. Midds/Middsy? Nope, Pumpkin or Jack-O-Latern. 

I like Jack-O-Lantern for Midds.