Hockey Wilderness

Article: Will Faber and Buium Be More Dangerous Together Or Apart?

Verified Member

It’s possible he’s not here until 2026.

When he does arrive, they’re probably not throwing him right on the first pairing with big minutes.  Then he’ll have to earn it, which can take time and isn’t guaranteed.

It’s not common to walk into the NHL and do what Faber has done.  It’s more likely that he never gets to that level.

So, it depends who is on the roster in 2027.  If Buium is as advertised by then, I’d be inclined to pair them up even strength and have each QB a PP unit.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, OldDutchChip said:

ask spurge to waive his NTC, go to Maple Leafs and work out a deal that would look like something like this - Spurge+Wall for Nylander

Yeah we loose our #1 goal prospect but Leafs are soft on D and G so they may bite. we then put Nylander with Kap and EK and move Boldy down to Rossi. Now we pack a punch on offense. Our D will be tested, but we can then see what Buium is made off, pair him with Middy, lean on Faber and Brodin and leave Bogo with Chissy. 

You don't need to ask Spurgy to waive it. Its just a 10-team no-trade list starting this year. I doubt the Leafs would be on there. 

Unfortunately, I don't think Spurgeon and Wallstedt would be anywhere near enough to pry a guy like William Nylander from Toronto. Would you trade Kaprizov for a 35-year old undersized defenseman and a goalie prospect? If we want to trade for Nylander he's gonna cost you much more than that I think. You'd probably have to throw in Rossi just to get the conversation started. 

54 minutes ago, B1GKappa97 said:

You don't need to ask Spurgy to waive it. Its just a 10-team no-trade list starting this year. I doubt the Leafs would be on there. 

Unfortunately, I don't think Spurgeon and Wallstedt would be anywhere near enough to pry a guy like William Nylander from Toronto. Would you trade Kaprizov for a 35-year old undersized defenseman and a goalie prospect? If we want to trade for Nylander he's gonna cost you much more than that I think. You'd probably have to throw in Rossi just to get the conversation started. 

there are always rumors from toronto how they may be ready to do something "wild" with their core. i also don't think its enough, but just something of an idea of what to explore for spurge 

so spurge + wall + Rossi = Nylander.....🤔